With our many years of treating snoring and sleep apnea, we have narrowed down the appliances we offer to our patients. We have chosen these appliances based on ease of use, comfort, stability, control of side effects and history of success. The DreamTAP, TAP-PAPcs and the MyTAP are the bulk of appliances we fabricate for the wide range of sleep disordered breathing patients we see.
FDA Approved Oral Appliances for treatment of Benign Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Homecare Instructions for the DreamTAP and TAP PAPcs
- Each morning after use, thoroughly clean the dreamTAP TM appliance using a regular soft toothbrush, cool water and anti-bacterial liquid soap. Hot water should not be used.
- Dry the appliance completely before storing in the container. It may help to leave the container open to ensure that the dreamTAP TM dries thoroughly.
- You can refreshen the dreamTAP TM every 2 weeks in a solution of diluted hydrogen peroxide (equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water) for no more that 5 minutes. Afterwards, the appliance must be rinsed thoroughly with cool water and allow to dry.
- The best way to keep the dreamTAP TM clean is to brush it each morning after use. The patient should sparingly soak the appliance if further measures need to be used in order to clean the appliance.
- The dreamTAP TM should be stored in a cool dry place. The appliance is made from sensitive materials and should not be stored where temperatures exceed 120oF, such as in the glove compartment of a car or the cargo hold of an airplane.
- Do not clean the appliance in hot or boiling water, nor soak in bleach or hydrogen peroxide which will cause the trays to distort or the lining to become brittle and delaminate.
- Do not disassemble any of the dreamTAPTMhardware. The dreamTAPTM is a medical device and the patient must not tamper with it other than following specific instructions in the patient instruction booklet.